Q7

dlclay7
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

PT 41 S2 G1 Q 7

by dlclay7 Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:16 am

Assume the orginal condition that linnen dress hangs immediately right to the silk dress is replaced by the condition that the wool dress hangs immediately to the right of the silk dress. If all other initial conditions remain in effect, which one of the following must be false?

L on 1
G on 2
W on 4
S on 5
P on 6

So SL changes to WL

R/_WL_ /R
1 2 345 6
G--P
WL
is this the new setup?

How do I effectively make the rule change and apply this to the question?

Overall is it best to use frames for this problem?

Please advise

Thanks

aileenann
Thanks Received: 227
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: PT 41 S2 G1 Q 7

by aileenann Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:21 am

Thanks for your question! It's always a good idea to double check your setup and think about optimizing your approach to a particular question type - in this case that sort of question where they go and change one of the constraints on you.

I think your new setup is close, but not quite there. In particular, the only constraint that is really modified is that SL is now SW. But S and W are still the only candidates for slot 3. Therefore, it looks like frames probably would be a good setup here, with your 2 possibilities being:

R/ S W _ _ /R

or

R/ _ S W _ /R

I am a little confused why you made your middle slot WL - the constraint has been changed to form a relation between S and W, not W and L. Does that make sense?

The reason you know you should probably use frames in this case is the fact that there are only two possibilities, and these two possibilities are in addition combined with the placement of this new SW chunk. That said, I don't think this is a do-or-die. You could definitely still do this problem without using the frames.

Finally, as a strategy point, I'd recommend that you always do this kind of changed-constraint question last. That way you can modify your original diagram without worrying about restoring it afterwards.

Thanks for your question. Please let me know if you have any comments or additional questions on this :)

taylor.elizabethm
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Q7

by taylor.elizabethm Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:27 pm

This was a great explanation and I believe I have the right answer, however you didn't come right out and give the correct answer. Can you let me know what it is so I can be sure that I am correct and can move on? Thank you!

tsj215
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Q7

by tsj215 Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:53 pm

you can find answer on pg 97 in 10 real Lsats
its choice d) silk dress hanger 5