bbox
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Q25 - Studies have shown that specialty sports food

by bbox Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Can someone explain the process of eliminating the answer choices and as to why C is the correct answer please?

iryankees13
Thanks Received: 9
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Q25 - Studies have shown that specialty sports food

by iryankees13 Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:03 pm

bbox Wrote:Can someone explain the process of eliminating the answer choices and as to why C is the correct answer please?

Surely, I'll give it a shot for ya. I just took this prep test yesterday.

First off the stem tells us this is a weaken question so were looking to weaken argument any way we can. Were told that sports foods have he same nutrients + qualities as common foods but cost much more. The argument concludes that few athletes would buy sports food if it weren't for expensive advertisements.

So you think about and say why? Maybe these bars (sports foods) albeit expensive a great for a quick and easy snack. Maybe it's no the advertisement but the convenience added by just grabbing one of these bars.

A- So what? This certainly doesn't weaken the argument. This would either be irrelevant or possibly strengthen because it could offer a reason why the advertisement is effective.

B- Who cares if they are carried along side traditional inventories... that doesn't weaken why advertising is the reason for the purchasing of the bars.

C- Yep there it is. The fact that their easy to consume and not their effective advertisement scheme is why they are bought. For instance, easier to bring a bar than a bowl of pasta out to the playing field!

D- This just discusses regular foods, irrelevant.

E- I would argue that E can be eliminated because we already know that the bars aren't nutritionally beneficial in ways that common foods are not. Also just because the bars CAN be a replacement doesn't mean they are commonly used that way or adds a reason as to why the bars are purchased at all.