Q24

mcrittell
Thanks Received: 5
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Q24

by mcrittell Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:18 am

I don't understand the question's hypothetical. If L can't connect to O, how can O exist in the continuous route? I understand that B) means that N would have 3 connections, but I still can't visualize the hypothetical the question sets forth.

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q24

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:15 am

Take a look at the attached diagram and you'll see the solution for how to set up the diagram given the new constraint in the question stem. It's definitely tricky!
Attachments
PT4, S3, G4 - Ski Chalets - ManhattanLSAT.pdf
(46.33 KiB) Downloaded 628 times

mcrittell
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by mcrittell Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:14 am

I redid this game, and I was thrown off of 24 for a different reason. I chose D because it says that N is connected to "exactly 2 other chalets." I thought using the word "other" implied more than 3 chalets, breaking rule 1. Ideas on how to prevent this in the future? Thanks

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:27 pm

mcrittell Wrote:I redid this game, and I was thrown off of 24 for a different reason. I chose D because it says that N is connected to "exactly 2 other chalets." I thought using the word "other" implied more than 3 chalets, breaking rule 1. Ideas on how to prevent this in the future? Thanks

Can I answer your question with a question! Other than what? So N would connect with 2 other chalets and what?

They're just setting the precise number of chalets that N will connect with.

Does that answer your question, or do you see something I'm missing?

mcrittell
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by mcrittell Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:12 pm

mshermn Wrote:
mcrittell Wrote:I redid this game, and I was thrown off of 24 for a different reason. I chose D because it says that N is connected to "exactly 2 other chalets." I thought using the word "other" implied more than 3 chalets, breaking rule 1. Ideas on how to prevent this in the future? Thanks

Can I answer your question with a question! Other than what? So N would connect with 2 other chalets and what?

They're just setting the precise number of chalets that N will connect with.

Does that answer your question, or do you see something I'm missing?

Oh! I think I took the segs as chalets. Duh. hahaha Thanks!