Q21

yawhtsup
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

Q21

by yawhtsup Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:52 am

can someone please help me on #21, i dont understand why "e" cant be the answer. i have plotted them out and it worked.

and also i am having a bit trouble on #22.

thank you

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: PT 49 S1 Q18-22 Exactly eight computer processor chips

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:06 pm

No problem!

For question 21, suppose you check answer choice (D) and it works. Then you check answer choice (E) and it works. When you checked answer choices (A), (B), and (C) it didn't work.

Now the question asks us to find the fastest ranking that J could have. So of the answer choices that work, which is fastest? Clearly, answer choice (D) is faster than answer choice (E), so (D) is correct.

For question 22, the correct answer can be proven from the 2nd and 5th constraints. F or G is first. K _ _ L

Thus the soonest L could go is 5th.

F K _ _ L
1 2 3 4 5

Does that help clear this one up?

yawhtsup
Forum Guests

by yawhtsup Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:19 pm

yes i got it. thank you. i forget about the faster and fastest part . but i now understand it.

tianfeng102
Thanks Received: 11
Forum Guests

by tianfeng102 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:39 pm

yawhtsup Wrote:can someone please help me on #21, i dont understand why "e" cant be the answer. i have plotted them out and it worked.

and also i am having a bit trouble on #22.

thank you

For #21, we are looking for the fastest ranking J could have when M --J. Answer E is the slowest among the choices and answer D is the correct answer:
(F/G) M H K J (G/F) L O

For #22, since 1) F/G is the first, and 2) K _ _ L; the best we can do with L is to have (F/G) K _ _ L. Therefore, L is ranked no faster than 5th.
LSAT could change from demon to darling, if you tame the beast (PrepTest) one after another in 60 days.

ephraimae
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Q21

by ephraimae Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:09 am

is there a faster way to do this question because I can eliminate the first two answers based on past deductions but after that I plug and chug

maryadkins
Thanks Received: 641
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q21

by maryadkins Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 am

That's how I did it, too. The good news is that if you're efficient about testing (C) and (D) it doesn't take too much time. The thing about plug and chugging is that it's not always awful if you keep an eye out for inferences as you're doing it. In this question, as I was testing (C) I realized that the K__ __ L chunk was going to be a problem and I'd have to put K before J. In (D) that happened to work.

Good question, keep it up!