Q20 - There is strong evidence that

by skapur777 Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:51 pm

This one I got correct because:

A- who cares
B- keep as possible choice
C-doesn't show either way how migraines fit in with this scheme
d- no
e- no

due to elimination i picked C, but i wonder why B is correct. Does it resolve the discrepancy because emotional stress is a combination of physiological and psychological issues (the emotion is psych, the stress is phys)?

bbirdwell
Thanks Received: 864
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q20 - There is strong evidence that

by bbirdwell Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Please double check your question... (C) is the correct answer.
I host free online workshop/Q&A sessions called Zen and the Art of LSAT. You can find upcoming dates here: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/zen-and-the-art.cfm

skapur777
Thanks Received: 6
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q20 - There is strong evidence that the

by skapur777 Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:09 pm

My apologies! I was wondering why B is INCORRECT, and C is correct...so confused here !

bbirdwell
Thanks Received: 864
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q20 - There is strong evidence that the

by bbirdwell Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:04 am

1. migraines caused by physiology, not psychology
2. people being treated for migraines have higher psychological anxiety

These are the two points that seem to conflict. We want an answer choice that validates each one, demonstrating why they can both be true.

We might rephrase the question in our minds: "If migraines aren't caused by psychology, why do people who are treated for migraines have high anxiety?"

(A) who cares
(B) says that when people experience migraines, they are often also experiencing emotional stress. So what? Are they getting treatment? Do they have higher emotional stress ("anxiety") than people not being treated?
(C) contains a key distinction that (B) misses out on. The second original statement is not about people who "experience" migraines, it's about people being treated for them. And (C) tells us that people with high anxiety are more likely to get treatment, meaning there are folks out there experiencing migraines who do not have anxiety and are not seeking treatment. This would support both statements.
(D) "publicize" is out of scope
(E) "until they stop" is out of scope
I host free online workshop/Q&A sessions called Zen and the Art of LSAT. You can find upcoming dates here: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/zen-and-the-art.cfm