Q1

ShehryarB30
Thanks Received: 2
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

Q1

by ShehryarB30 Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Could you pls explain this question. I'm also confused on what he means by plaid?

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3808
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q1

by ohthatpatrick Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:31 pm

Yeah, the first time I was doing this game I was like "WTF does plaid actually mean?"

I can picture a plaid shirt, which is like what you see on a button-down, with various lines going up and down at perpendicular lines

But plaid in this game really just means "more than one color". I ultimately inferred that from the sentence that says "one piece will be entirely one color, and the other piece will be [not entirely one color]".

NOT ENTIRELY ONE COLOR = made up of more than one color.

It also helped once I saw the answers to Q1 to realize that we didn't need to worry about the plaid aspect, we just had to keep track of which 2 or 3 colors were used.

For Q1, like all Orientation questions, we'd just take each rule, one at a time, and check to see if any of the answers are breaking that rule.

Rule 1: all the jackets are solid, so they can't break this rule.

Rule 2: this knocks out (E). When the overalls have more than one color, there must be exactly two.

Rule 3: this knocks out (B). The jacket and overalls have no colors in common.

Rule 4: looks fine.

Rule 5: this knocks out (C). Green can't be used in the overalls.

Only (A) and (D) are left. The setup information is what kills off (A). They can't both be solid. One will be solid, the other will be multiple colors.

(D) is our correct answer.