tommywallach
Thanks Received: 468
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Q1 - Cox: The consumer council

by tommywallach Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:35 pm

Let's take a look at the two points of view here, then the answer choices:

Cox says the consumer council didn’t justify their recall of Derma-35. Crockett says the council may have only cited blemishes as a side effect of Derma-35, but that is reason enough to recall the product.

Correct Answer
Answer choice (D) correctly describes the primary point of contention between Cox and Crockett: whether the council provided enough justification for recalling Derma-35 by mentioning only side effect of blemishes (rather than inflammation or other health issues).

Incorrect Answers
(A) goes too far, as neither Cox nor Crockett comment on whether Derma-35 should remain on the market.
(B) is something that Cox and Crockett would both likely disagree with, as blemishes and inflammation are described as separate phenomena.
(C) is totally wrong. Crockett says the council failed to cite the threat of inflammation, and Cox seems to agree with this assessment.
(E) is something Cox and Crockett would likely agree on. However, neither of them actually discusses the seriousness of inflamation in terms of health.

Hope that helps!

-t
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com

db_8400
Thanks Received: 1
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Q1 - Cox: The consumer council did not

by db_8400 Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Can someone please correct this.

He put the correct answer as C, but the correct answer is actually D. I believe he meant D but accidentally put C (seeing how close they are on the keyboard :P ). I had to go back and redo this question and I kept wondering how the HELL is it C LOL

tommywallach
Thanks Received: 468
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q1 - Cox: The consumer council

by tommywallach Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:34 pm

Got it! Just to be clear to everyone, I didn't credit the wrong explanation, just wrote the letter wrong (I also had written (C) in the wrong answers!). Sorry for the confusion!

-t
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com