wparkercc45
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

Diagram

by wparkercc45 Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:47 pm

I've been able to do 140 logic games so far without much trouble, but this one kills me. What does the fourth rule mean?:

"No segment of the path crosses any other segment."

I understand that M has to be limited to J and N, but I do not understand the stipulation listed above. Also, why does M have to be limited to J and N after the condition takes place?

Anyone who is able to answer has my eternal gratitude. (I know that is not much, but it is a prize!)

wparkercc45
Forum Guests

Re: Diagram

by wparkercc45 Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:33 pm

I've figured it out, it is all about order. My problem has been answered.

Thanks.

katl
Forum Guests

by katl Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Can someone please explain why M and O cannot be connected? What rule does that violate? Why can't I have MO if I don't include MN or NO?

kkate
Thanks Received: 1
Jackie Chiles
Jackie Chiles

by kkate Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:43 am

For 2016 September LSAT, should I even be concerned about this type of LG? I encountered this as I was doing a timed practice exam (I didn't want to waste any recent ones - took an old test just for the sake of coming up with timing strategies). Thank you in advance!

JosephV
Thanks Received: 9
Jackie Chiles
Jackie Chiles

This post thanked 1 time.

by JosephV Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:16 am

katl Wrote:Can someone please explain why M and O cannot be connected? What rule does that violate? Why can't I have MO if I don't include MN or NO?

I assume your question concerns #18 answer choice (C).

The reason you cannot have MO is because it would violate the first listed condition: "The path is composed of five straight segments..."

Furthermore, answer choice (C) states "One segment of the path directly connects chalets M and O." There is no way to get from O to M (or vice versa) in a straight line without going through N. If you go through N, though, that isn't directly connecting O and M.