ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Diagram

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:14 pm

I've posted a setup that allows you to move very quickly through the questions. You can take this approach for a significant portion of other binary grouping games as well!

Also, if you wanted to see how fast you can move, take a look at the explanation to question #5.
Attachments
PT51, S4, G1, Q5 - Clown Costume - ManhattanLSAT.pdf
(39.34 KiB) Downloaded 740 times

steven.kantowitz
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: PT51, S4, G1 setup + Q5 explanation

by steven.kantowitz Tue May 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Not that it makes a difference, but your setup says "At Least One In Common," but it's actually "Exactly one in Common."

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Tue May 18, 2010 6:58 pm

You're right that it doesn't make a difference due to other constraints, but nonetheless, that kind of carelessness gets you in big trouble.

Thanks for catching that!

Here's a corrected setup...
Attachments
PT51, S4, G1 - Jacket + Overalls.pdf
(457.77 KiB) Downloaded 431 times

zwatson1
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by zwatson1 Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm not sure I understand the set-up for this game? I see that it's a binary grouping game but I don't know how to apply the method used in the logic games book to this specific game.

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 am

The standard approach to a game like this would be to setup a game board that looks very much like the diagram attached. The constraints would then be set up into the Logic Chain. And as you moved from question to question, you may use the game board in conjunction with the inferences you make using the Logic Chain to answer questions.

This game, however, has constraints that do not lend themselves very well to use of the Logic Chain since they are not conditional in nature.

Also, you could have orientated the game board a couple other ways to similar affect.

J: _ _ _
O: _

J: _
O: _ _

or also

_
_
_ _
J O

_
_ _
O J

Try and stay flexible so that when games throw in twist or turn like this you can adjust... Does that help? If you'd still like some more help with this, let me know.