andrewgong01
Thanks Received: 61
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Diagram

by andrewgong01 Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Did anyone use a logic chain to solve this problem? It seems like an In Out Game but I used a standard grouping board instead to solve it because only the first rule was good for chaining.

My Big Pause

Frames: The Distribution was given as 3-2 and you can fill in L. I honestly thought it was not worth the hassle for 5 questions for an easy game to frame it around J/O rule because J/O also allows some split
J/O is a chunk that must always split.
Facilitator role does not seem that important in the game and can be filled in last
M Floats ; O has the most rules attached to it

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3808
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Diagram

by ohthatpatrick Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:57 pm

I agree with your synopsis.

It looks like In/Out, insofar as it's a grouping game with only 2 groups.

But since the rules are NOT a bunch of conditionals, we wouldn't reach for the Logic Chain.

It's tempting to frame the 2 vs. 3 split
or
the O facilitates on green vs. O facilitates on red.

But, as you said, it doesn't seem like that bad a game. It's only 5 things and only 5 questions. Probably better to just head to questions.

R: J/O __ _?_
G: O/J L _?_

Who's left: M, K (≠ f)

JorgeL203
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by JorgeL203 Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:25 am

ohthatpatrick Wrote:I agree with your synopsis.

It looks like In/Out, insofar as it's a grouping game with only 2 groups.

But since the rules are NOT a bunch of conditionals, we wouldn't reach for the Logic Chain.

It's tempting to frame the 2 vs. 3 split
or
the O facilitates on green vs. O facilitates on red.

But, as you said, it doesn't seem like that bad a game. It's only 5 things and only 5 questions. Probably better to just head to questions.

R: J/O __ _?_
G: O/J L _?_

Who's left: M, K (≠ f)

Hello. Thank you for your diagram! What LG type is this? Is it a Basic Grouping LG with a special position (f)?

I thought this might be an Open Grouping Game because each group must have at least 2 elements (and we don't know which one will have 3), but perhaps it's not because we know that there is a specific 2:3 distribution. Thoughts?

Laura Damone
Thanks Received: 94
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by Laura Damone Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:27 pm

I'd call it Open Grouping + Special Position, and I'd use our standard open grouping notation (boxes for slots that must be filled, dashes for slots that may or may not be filled), with 2 rows of boxes and 1 row of slots. I'd also put a " / " in the roster of elements, to remember that exactly one of the six slots on the board won't be filled by an element.

Hope this helps!
Laura Damone
LSAT Content & Curriculum Lead | Manhattan Prep