General questions relating to Manhattan Prep, the GRE exam and just about anything else you can think of.
ayeshaasharafat
Students

study plan for the new

by ayeshaasharafat Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:16 am

this is the first time i am ever going to prepare for an exam like this. i have not even taken an SAT for it was not a requirement in my national education system. presently, i have around 2 months to prepare for GRE before i take the exam. but i have no idea how to go about it if i want to get optimum results. i could really use a study plan to follow in order to utilize my time in the best way possible. also I'm doing a job 5 days a week, 9 hours a day. please suggest me a study plan keeping my current schedule in perspective. thank you.
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

Re: study plan for the new

by tommywallach Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Hey Aye,

This question has been asked many dozens of times, so I recommend you look through the forums for the answers that have already been given. Good luck with your studies! : )

-t
ayeshaasharafat
Students

by ayeshaasharafat Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:33 pm

dear t,
I looked through the forum but, unfortunately, couldn't find a relevant study plan. I have started with the verbal section but am unable to give it more than 3 hours a day. I'm very unsure if I'll be able to make it in the next 2 months with my current pace, especially without a concrete study plan. It will be a huge favor if you could help.
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

by tommywallach Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:17 pm

Here are a number of answers to the question from our forums. The reason I don't like to answer this question again is because it implies two things:

1) That everyone should ask this, because there will be a very different answer for everyone's individual situation. This isn't the case really, which leads me to reason #2:

2) There is no trick to studying. Take a practice test. If your score is way lower than it needs to be, you should buy a bunch of books (our books, or some other good company's) and/or take a class. If your score is close to where it needs to be, you can maybe get by just taking practice tests and reviewing them. Everything else is gravy.

3) And memorize lots of vocab words. That's it!

-t

how-would-you-rate-my-1-month-study-plan-t9903.html

test-strategy-studying-strategy-t9644.html

one-month-left-need-at-least-90-percentile-suggestions-t9502.html

how-to-study-after-you-take-the-exam-t9473.html