The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
megan.j.mccarthy
Students

Questions about test day - scrap paper, highlighting text

by megan.j.mccarthy Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Hello all!
During practice, I'm trying to match test day conditions as closely as I can.
So for those of you who have taken the test, I have two kind of silly questions:

1. How much scrap paper are we given? Is it essentially "unlimited" or do we have to save space, so to speak?

2. Are we able to highlight sentences on the screen in larger blocks of text? Have any of you done that?
In RC passages for example, I sometimes have a hard time re-finding important sentences when comparing answer choices on screen, so I highlight them. But I don't want to rely on this technique if it's not possible on the actual exam software.

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere on this board - searched with a few query terms but couldn't find direct answers.
Good luck to all of you taking or re-taking the exam!
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

Re: Questions about test day - scrap paper, highlighting text

by tommywallach Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Hey Megan,

You get a little booklet for scrap paper. It's plenty of space for most every student, because you can get a fresh one during your breaks. Of course, you could also get new paper during the test proper, but you'd lose a lot of time that way.

As for question two, you have a mouse and its text, so as far as I know you can highlight text (though it will un-highlight as soon as you click somewhere else). That being said, this seems like more trouble than its worth, to be honest, and I would just get used to glancing back and forth for things anyway. But hey, to each his/her own! :)

-t
megan.j.mccarthy
Students

by megan.j.mccarthy Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:19 am

Hi Tommy, thanks for the reply!
Good to know about the scrap paper, thank you.
I'll train myself off the highlighting, but good to know just in case I get really lost at some point :-)
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

by tommywallach Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Good luck!