General questions relating to Manhattan Prep, the GRE exam and just about anything else you can think of.
whitethunder10
Students

Practice test calculation error?

by whitethunder10 Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:04 pm

:? :? :? :? :? I just took the first practice test with manhattan prep after I finished my manhattan prep based tutoring (not given by manhattan prep itself). I took the actual GRE test last year and did poorly with a 144 quant and 151 verbal. After this 1st practice test I got a 160 on verbal (which I feel was accurate) and a 151 on quant (I don;t feel this is accurate)

My question is about the quant. I counted the number correct after I finished and I only got 12 correct, out of the total of 40 problems. This was the total correct from both sections 1 and 2 of quant. I contacted my GRE instructor and he told me he is not sure how I got a 151 if I only got 12 correct. I sent my grade report to him - including all my right and wrong answers... We both counted 12 correct total. I didn't finish on time and got an NA on 4 or 5 questions that I didn't get to. (I got 7 correct on first part and 5 correct on second part)

So my question is... What the heck?!

Can someone explain this? Was my internet connection bad? How can my score possibly be that high with only 12 correct? Shouldn't my score be LOWER if I only got 12 correct? Don't they count the skipped questions against me (which they should to be more like the real test)? I'm not sure if I can trust manhattan prep practice tests after this...

Thanks
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

Re: Practice test calculation error?

by tommywallach Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:11 pm

You're entirely right that's not plausible. I'd need your full name/login to look at the test myself. Please provide that, or if you're not comfortable doing that over the forums, give our office a call and they can take a look at it.

-t