General questions relating to Manhattan Prep, the GRE exam and just about anything else you can think of.
smartyangel91
Students

Online Practice Exam Simulation

by smartyangel91 Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Hello, I was wondering how close the Manhattan prep online practice exams are to the actual GRE?

I have taken two so far and done better than I thought, so I would like to judge based off of the scores that I have gotten so far.

Also, I noticed that my omitted or unanswered questions were not marked as incorrect. Does that mean that any unanswered questions would not be counted wrong on the actual GRE?

Thanks for all the help!
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

Re: Online Practice Exam Simulation

by tommywallach Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:20 pm

Hey Smarty,

Our tests are built to simulate the GRE as well as possible, so they're pretty darn good! : )

As for the scoring, you aren't penalized for wrong answers on the GRE, which is why you should never leave anything blank/omitted (because if you leave it blank, you have no chance of getting it right, whereas you at least have a chance if you guess). To this end, you should NEVER skip a question and leave it blank (thinking you'll come back to it). First of all, it's unlikely you'll find the time to come back anyway, but even so, you're better off at least having an answer in, so if you don't get a chance to come back, you haven't left it blank.

Hope that helps!

-t