Ask any question you have about our practice exams here.
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

IF YOU CANT FIND TESTS OR NEED TO RESET THEM, READ THIS!

by tommywallach Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:10 am

Hello Everyone,

First off, if you need to reset your tests, please call the office. This can only be done over the phone.

If you can't find your tests on the website, read below:

First off, if you bought the 5 lb. book, that DOES NOT COME WITH SIX FREE PRACTICE TESTS! Only our other books do.

Now for those who DID buy another book and/or a class, keep in mind your tests are only available ONE AT A TIME. So you only see one test available at any given time. But there are six of them altogether. As soon as you finish the first one, the second one will become available, and so on. The reason for this is because there is a common pool of sections (because of the nature of section-adaptivity), so we will always choose sections you haven't seen before. That means we need to know what sections you got on the previous tests.

If you are struggling to find your first test, it is in your student center under the tab "practice tests." At the bottom of that page, you will see a link to "start test." Click that, and your first test will begin!

Thanks!

-t

(If you are still having trouble finding your tests, call student services at 1-646-254-6479 during normal business hours, 7 days a week).
rucwujundong
Students

Re: IF YOU CANNOT SEE YOUR SIX PRACTICE TESTS CLICK THIS!!!

by rucwujundong Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:39 am

Hi,

Are the 6 exams the same if I purchase the TC&SE as if I purchase the RC&Essays? Are they are full-length and from the same pool?

Thanks.

Best
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

Re: IF YOU CANNOT SEE YOUR SIX PRACTICE TESTS CLICK THIS!!!

by tommywallach Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:01 am

Hey Ruc,

Yes, they are the same 6 tests no matter what. Technically, you have access to an infinite number of tests, but after the first 6, you will start to see repeat questions.

Hope that helps!

-t
geniuspraneeth
Students

Re: IF YOU CANNOT SEE YOUR SIX PRACTICE TESTS CLICK THIS!

by geniuspraneeth Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:21 pm

I bought the algebra guide ebook online.how to activate the six practice tests?? how much time will it take to see it in my profile??
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

by tommywallach Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Hey Genius,

Using the code that came in the book, it will activate immediately. The directions are in the first pages of the book. If you're still having trouble, call student services and they'll talk you through it!

-t
gjkf
Students

by gjkf Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:17 pm

OK so I had no problem locating and receiving my score from the first practice test however, I am unable to begin my second practice test.

All that I see on my student center screen that are accessible links (In green) include the Generate Your Assessment link, Show Prior Tests by Section Taken, and Review Results from Test 1.

I do not see any link to begin Test 2 anywhere on this screen or anywhere on the other links.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

gjkf
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

by tommywallach Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Hey GJ,

This probably means that you bought the 5lb book, which does not come with 6 tests. Only our other books come with 6 tests. If that's not the case, please call student services and they'll walk you through it.

-t
david.rodriguez.e
Students

by david.rodriguez.e Wed May 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi, I think this was asked before, but I'm not sure I understood the response, so here it goes again. I bought five of the 3rd edition Math guides (Algebra, Fractions & decimals, Geometry, Numer properties, Data interpretation), and each of the books says it includes six online exams, with different codes at the back for each one. Am I having access only to six different exams even though I have five different access codes?

Thanks.
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

by tommywallach Thu May 22, 2014 8:56 pm

Hey David,

Yes. We only have six tests altogether. It is worth keeping in mind that:

#1: ETS themselves only give out two tests.

#2: Six tests, plus the ones from ETS, should be plenty of tests! I promise! : )

-t
tanmayee.pathre
Students

Re: IF YOU CANT FIND TESTS OR NEED TO RESET THEM, READ THIS!

by tanmayee.pathre Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:04 am

Hello Tommy! I have purchased the book which gives 6 practice exams. So far, I have taken two exams and I am planning to finish the remaining 4 by the end of this month. I would need to reset my practice exams as I am giving my GRE by the end of September. I have a few questions with the reset of the exams:

1) Are there any additional charges involved for resetting the exams?
2) How many times will I be able to reset the exams?

Thanks you,

Tanmayee.
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

Re: IF YOU CANT FIND TESTS OR NEED TO RESET THEM, READ THIS!

by tommywallach Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Tanmayee,

You can reset the tests as many times as you want. The problem, however, is that you are likely to see the same tests. It isn't like the GMAT, with a giant pool from which all tests pull, because we needed it to be like the actual GRE, which creates a second section with a very specific difficulty level. So the first sections are ALWAYS the same, and then, depending on your performance, you'll get one of three different possible "second" sections. Does that make sense?

Yash,

If you've sent emails and no one's responded, you have the wrong address. I would recommend calling the office during business hours. I've never heard of anyone sending multiple emails and getting no response...

-t