General questions relating to Manhattan Prep, the GRE exam and just about anything else you can think of.
Nadirshah
Students

How would you rate my 1 month study plan

by Nadirshah Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:45 am

So heres another one. I opened the GRE books and did a practice test in which I scored slightly above average 153 verbal and 154 Quant.

Ive got one month till the exam and here is my plan

Just a follow on question. here is what my preparation is looking like (planned):

- Manhattan 5lb problem book
- Manhattan verbal guides
- Barrons 1100 word list
- Mahattan flashcards
- Manhattan 6 practice

For Math now that I have refreshed my concepts, I dont think I have enough time to go through the quant guides. So Im going to just do as many problems as I can stopping along the way for occasional clarifications if I dont understand anything.

For english, I plan to learn a 100 words a day each day and go through your verbal guides.

In parallel Ill keep on doing the tests.

Ive already gone through the GRE Guide (official)

HOw would you rate this plan of mine to achieve my goal of over 328
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

Re: How would you rate my 1 month study plan

by tommywallach Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:19 am

Hey Nadir,

Looks great! The only thing I'll say is that 100 words a day isn't realistic. I mean, I love the excitement it represents, but I don't think many people could memorize that many words a day. Even 10-20 a day that are really memorized would be a good rate. I'd make sure you focus on getting the words you get REALLY WELL, as opposed to trying to force too too many in too short a time.

Otherwise, it all looks good!

The only other thing I'd say is that probably doing the quant guide for your weakest quant subject would be more useful than TC/SE--there isn't that much to learn about vocab questions outside of learning vocab. But the Reading Comp stuff is very important.

-t
Nadirshah
Students

by Nadirshah Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks T
Helps a lot. YEAh 100 words is tough. But I have managed to do between 60-70 a day for the last 2 days. This is pure memorisation of what they mean and how to use in a sentence. I havent done any exercises with them yet.

So maybe Ill focus on that. Thanks for the math suggestion as well. Will try getting teh guide for my weakest topic. Right now just bought the 5lb book of questions. Gonna start on that.

Appreciate the good luck wishes
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

by tommywallach Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:39 am

No problem! It's why I'm here! : )

-t