General questions relating to Manhattan Prep, the GRE exam and just about anything else you can think of.
franalej
Students

GRE test session stamina

by franalej Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi, could you give an advice on what to do during the last week before the GRE test session in order to be give 100% during the whole GRE test session of almost 4 hours?
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

Re: GRE test session stamina

by tommywallach Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Practice tests! There's no replacement for just having taken enough tests to know what it's like! : )

-t

P.S. I realize this is a short answer, but it's the truth. The only way to build full-on test stamina is to take full-on tests!
franalej
Students

by franalej Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Thanks Tommy for the advice. What would you recommend doing the previous 48 hours before the test session?

-f

tommywallach Wrote:Practice tests! There's no replacement for just having taken enough tests to know what it's like! : )

-t

P.S. I realize this is a short answer, but it's the truth. The only way to build full-on test stamina is to take full-on tests!
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

by tommywallach Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Dancing? Eat good food? Hug your loved ones?

Honestly, I advise taking a test-break for the 48 hours before a test, so just relax, and rock a few questions to keep your head in the game. On the day of the test, read an RC passage and maybe do a DI question or two to get ready for the hard stuff that's coming. Good luck!

-t
franalej
Students

by franalej Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:31 pm

Sensible advices. Thanks.

-f

tommywallach Wrote:Dancing? Eat good food? Hug your loved ones?

Honestly, I advise taking a test-break for the 48 hours before a test, so just relax, and rock a few questions to keep your head in the game. On the day of the test, read an RC passage and maybe do a DI question or two to get ready for the hard stuff that's coming. Good luck!

-t
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

by tommywallach Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Glad to help. Let me know how it goes!

-t