General questions relating to Manhattan Prep, the GRE exam and just about anything else you can think of.
shahzadhassanmec
Students

Difference between 3rd edition & 4th edition strategy guides

by shahzadhassanmec Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Can you precisely tell me the difference between 3rd edition and 4th edition guides, what has changed, is it worth buying the 4th edition guides as compared to the cheap 3rd edition ones, please explain in some detail not a general opinion.
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

Re: Difference between 3rd edition & 4th edition strategy guides

by tommywallach Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Shahzad,

All I can say is that we update the curriculum fairly regularly. We are constantly considering better ways to get a point across, as well as whether individual questions are helpful/relevant. I'm not here to try to get you to spend extra money. Both editions will get you there: the 3rd edition books have great reviews. They work. The 4th editions is just the next iteration. They reflect our new thinking on how best to prepare for the GRE. There are many repeat questions, but also plenty of new questions. It's not just a visual or aesthetic overhaul; the new editions come along when we feel either the test itself or else our way of teaching it has shifted too much for us to continue using the old books.

So there you go! There's no wrong answer, really. If you want to save money and not get the best possible instruction, that's a legit choice. If you want to spend some coin but get the newest stuff, that's a legit choice too. Good luck!

-t