General questions relating to Manhattan Prep, the GRE exam and just about anything else you can think of.
Magarino23
Students

Are we allowed to retake the six practice exams?

by Magarino23 Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Hey,

I know with the purchase of the books we are allowed six practice exams but I am wondering if we are allowed to retake them or if once you take them you cannot retake it. I wanted to take one exam just to see where I am before intensely studying but do not know if that is good idea since I am not sure if I would be able to reuse the exam later once I have studied thoroughly. In other words, I do not want to waste on exam. Thank you for your help.

Best,
L
tommywallach
Manhattan Prep Staff

Re: Are we allowed to retake the six practice exams?

by tommywallach Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:17 pm

Hey Magarino,

You can retake tests, but keep in mind your score will be inflated the second time, because you will remember the questions. If you allow 2-3 months to elapse inbetween, the effect will be minimized, but only as an inverse correlation to how much you reviewed the test afterwards. Ironically, the better you study your test, the more unusable it is as a retake. (One caveat: the FIRST section of each test is the same every time. The SECOND section of each test (both for quant and verbal) can vary, depending on whether you get put in the easy, medium, or hard section. If this doesn't make sense, read up on how the GRE works!).

-t