Math problems from the *free* official practice tests and
problems from mba.com
garg.arika
Course Students

Scaled scores and percentiles on GMAT Prep tests

by garg.arika Sun May 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Hello, I just took a GMAT Prep exam yesterday and at the end of the exam, they provided me my scaled scores and suggested checking mba.com for the percentile scores. I assumed that I could go back to that screen, so I did not write those scores down and I do not remember the exact breakdown. So my first question is: is there a way to obtain that scaled score again? Is there a button or icon on the GMAT Prep software that I can click on that will produce my scaled scores again?

Secondly, when I looked up the percentile scores on mba.com, they seemed to differ vastly from the percentiles that MGMAT CATs had been giving me for similar scaled scores. While I do not remember my exact quant/verbal, I think it was 41/40 or 42/41. This puts my quant percentile in the 60s, which is quite a shock because my percentiles on MGMAT Cats was in the high 70s, and in the practice test that I took a week ago I scored on the 86th percentile. I'm not really sure what to make of this discrepancy--do you have any thoughts?

Lastly, I got a total of 4 questions wrong (out of 41) on the Verbal portion of the GMAT Prep exam I took yesterday, and so it seems odd to me that I was given a scaled score of 40 or 41 (this puts me between the 89th and 93rd percentile according to mba.com percentile rankings). I would have expected to be much higher on the percentile scale given how few questions I got wrong.

Please help to clarify--thanks a lot!
RonPurewal
Students

Re: Scaled scores and percentiles on GMAT Prep tests

by RonPurewal Thu May 17, 2012 5:39 am

hi,
this is the wrong folder for this question. please re-post in the General Questions folder.
thanks.