Math problems from the *free* official practice tests and
problems from mba.com
jsharma
Students

Q46 on GMATPrep?

by jsharma Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I just took GMATPrep 1 and got 46 on Quant. I took GMATPrep 1 back in early May (May 5th?). Not sure what my score was back then but I did complete the section. Today I took the test again because I am starting to prepare for GMAT again and I scored a 46. I was surprised because when I was on Question 31, I had 4 minutes left. I made some quick but educated guesses from 31-36, and missed 37.

I was wondering if GMATPrep's Quant is easier than the real GMAT? I think I spent too much time in the beginning (I got 1-7 correct). I have read about the the big myth about first 8 question and that GMAC has fixed that. Maybe getting first few questions correct is still the case on GMATPrep?

Not that I am complaining I did well, but I wasn't expecting as high. Should I be happy? I am 100% certain that I did not remember the answers to the questions I was guessing on (31-36).

Thanks
RonPurewal
Students

Re: Q46 on GMATPrep?

by RonPurewal Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:44 am

jsharma Wrote:Hi everyone,

I just took GMATPrep 1 and got 46 on Quant. I took GMATPrep 1 back in early May (May 5th?). Not sure what my score was back then but I did complete the section. Today I took the test again because I am starting to prepare for GMAT again and I scored a 46. I was surprised because when I was on Question 31, I had 4 minutes left. I made some quick but educated guesses from 31-36, and missed 37.

I was wondering if GMATPrep's Quant is easier than the real GMAT? I think I spent too much time in the beginning (I got 1-7 correct). I have read about the the big myth about first 8 question and that GMAC has fixed that. Maybe getting first few questions correct is still the case on GMATPrep?

Not that I am complaining I did well, but I wasn't expecting as high. Should I be happy? I am 100% certain that I did not remember the answers to the questions I was guessing on (31-36).

Thanks

well, we're missing some key information - namely, how did you do on #31-36?
if you got an unusually high number of your guesses correct, then that would explain it right there.

since this was the gmatprep software, you should be able to go back and see which ones were correct and which ones were incorrect. how many of #31-36 were correct?