Math problems from the *free* official practice tests and
problems from mba.com
AmeerT25
Students

Breakdown of Quant Topics by Frequency

by AmeerT25 Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:34 pm

I am trying to understand the frequency of different topics and sub-topics in the Quant section of the GMAT exam. My search returned me a few results from 2012, but I am looking for a more updated statistics chart that would help me in focusing and prioritizing on different topics. Any help would be appreciated
RonPurewal
Students

Re: Breakdown of Quant Topics by Frequency

by RonPurewal Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:56 am

this is the wrong folder for a question like this. any question about the general architecture of the test belongs in the "General GMAT Study Questions" folder (= first folder on the forum home page), not here.
thanks.

also, if you have a quant score above 30 or so, you'll almost certainly find that the math topics themselves are largely a non-issue.
e.g., if you miss a problem about "fractions/decimals/percents", you'll almost definitely miss that problem for reasons that have NOTHING to do with fractions/decimals/percents, and EVERYTHING to do with organization, goal-setting, and other "executive functioning" things.
same thing with other topics, too.

generally speaking, if your quant score is over 30, there are really only two distinctions that matter:
• Word problems vs. everything else,
• DS vs. multiple choice.