Math problems from the *free* official practice tests and
problems from mba.com
joey.yiz
Forum Guests

OG DS #142

by joey.yiz Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:14 pm

[deleted by moderator]

Quite confused. I'm pretty sure they made a mistake here. Have you ever seen an expression such as x > 0 = b?
esledge
Forum Guests

typo

by esledge Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:20 pm

We aren't supposed to discuss OG problems (see our forum policies), so I had to delete your post with the full question text.

However, I don't think I'm breaking any copyright laws by telling you that's just a typo. Some printings of the OG have it right, others don't. (2) should read "x > 0" not "x > 0 = b."
Emily Sledge
Instructor
ManhattanGMAT
joey.yiz
Forum Guests

Re: OG DS #142

by joey.yiz Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:26 am

Thank you, Emily, that explains everything.

BTW, are there any other typos in OG? I'm especially concerned about SC problems. Could only find correction for 2006 edition online, but my OG-11th is the 2005 edition.
RonPurewal
Students

Re: OG DS #142

by RonPurewal Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:44 am

BTW, are there any other typos in OG?

hmm.
i remember seeing at least two other ones. here's one of them:

* problem solving #20 --> the arrow for "E" is in the wrong place; it's supposed to point a lil bit to the left of 2, not at 2 itself. ironically, this was printed correctly in the earlier versions of the og11; the typo didn't appear until later.

--

i'm not aware of seeing any typos in the verbal questions, although that certainly doesn't mean that there aren't any.

there are plenty of typos in the answer explanations to the verbal questions, though. i don't remember any of them specifically, but you'll know them when you see them - "is" instead of "in", etc. nothing that should really obscure your understanding of what they're trying to say.