General questions relating to Manhattan Prep, the GRE exam and just about anything else you can think of.
leo143rock
Students

ONE MONTH LEFT- NEED AT LEAST 90 PERCENTILE -SUGGESTIONS

by leo143rock Wed May 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi manhattan team,

this is vishnu from india.
i have registered for gre on 13th of june, 2012.
so, i have hardly almost one month left for my exam

i have almost done with my preparation ( i feel).
what are your suggestions, for this month to score a percentile of atleast 90.

please kindly provide me the suggestions - which areas i should focus, what else i should do.

thanking you all in advance,
vishnu.
esledge

Re: ONE MONTH LEFT- NEED AT LEAST 90 PERCENTILE -SUGGESTIONS

by esledge Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi Vishnu,

I'm so sorry that we didn't see your question and get you an answer earlier; I hope things went well for you, and I'll answer now for the benefit of others.

I would take "almost done with your preparation" to mean that you have reviewed all the math content tested, and have done quite a number of practice questions (at least 80% of the example questions in the Official Guide) with detailed review.

With that groundwork in place, your remaining weeks would be best spent (1) working on any weaknesses revealed by your previous work, (2) really drilling vocabulary, and (3) practicing your overall pacing strategy.

(1) Weaknesses: If you kept track of your work, even on paper, you can tally errors by type or topic. If you have taken our practice tests, the Assessment Reports can reveal relative weaknesses.

(2) Vocabulary: Make flashcards, use our flashcards, use GRE words in every day life, etc. Do vocabulary work every chance you get!

(3) Pacing: If you barely finish practice tests on time, evaluate where/when you are spending too long, or are spending unproductive time. Develop a guessing strategy or practice alternate solution methods for those questions. If you finish early but make errors due to rushing, slow down. Actually, don't just slow down what you are doing now, rather, use the extra time you have for secondary checks of your answers. If you solve one way, verify the answer (quickly) another way.

Again, so sorry for the delayed response.
Best wishes,